Friday, July 31, 2009
Comet Tavern at 922 E. Pike!!!!
*Also, its Burglars Birthday. On this Day 29 years ago he was a baby. Someday he will be dead. Enjoy him while you can. Also this is the thirteenth DBBD. You know how important this number is. Seriously, attendance is mandatory for BunnYHawkS. Our god is a vengeful god!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Save the date. August 15th. Some of you know why. The rest of you will find out soon enough. Stay tuned for the Greatest Sporting Event Know to Mankind.
PS - Don't really cancel any flights. Those are expensive.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Oh, and more then likely - I'm going to crash Justin's house warming party as my birthday party as well.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
that is all.
Monday, July 20, 2009
That's right, I'm talking about everyone's favorite website Hot Chicks With DoucheBags.
These guys are total Douche-Roosters and, as I understand it, comprised the largest demographic by percentage in the last New Jersey census.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
We rode some bikes last weekend and holy moly it was a good time. I'll take the easy/lazy way out and just put some Goddamn (GD) bullet points on here.
Trying to make all you suckers jealous and desperate to go next year. Next year we roll deep!!!
BECAUSE NEXT YEAR WE OWN THIS THING.
- getting "the final countdown" stuck in our heads and whistling/singing it non-stop from about mile 7 on.
- a giant pile of bananas on the road around mile 20 that someone had left as a trap, mario kart style. the only cyclist taken out was Donkey Kong.
- seeing a Big Dog t-shirt around mile 40, inspiring us to haul ass for the rest of the day
- passing people with our 4 bunny pace line
- getting yelled at for not saying "on your left" when the person had like 10 feet of clearance and it was questionable whether we were even "on their left" or in an entirely different lane on the road
- getting burritos and margaritas around mile 75
- passing the same people again since we stopped for an hour plus lunch
- getting to centralia only to find the Big Dog outlet store was closed -- but salvation! the christian outlet store was there
- bought a jesus shirt and some christ-in-a-box
- got hungry waiting 2 hours for our food, so we went through several pitchers of beer and half of christ-in-a-box. bitched about the wait and the beer was free.
- drank beers, threw some shit around
- made "friends" at the campsite. including one guy who came out of his tent at the late late hour of 10:30pm to tell us he was trying to sleep and this was our "final warning". very difficult not to sing "the final countdown" at this point.
- we made fun of him because we had to do the EXACT SAME RIDE that he did in the morning, monica called him a robot of boredom, and dominic made fun of the guy for choosing to do said ride sober. to think!
- woke up at 7am, last tent standing. note: STPers are a bunch of go-getters.
- rode 5 miles to Frosty's in Napavine for food
- 8 people had breakfast and coffee, plus 5 Montana Breakfasts (aka red beer for those of you in the Midwest) and 1 bloody mary for a screamin' $40.27.
- Dominic heard the bill total and started clapping, yelling "BRAVO!"
- lots of uneventful riding. jessica's knee almost went out at mile 185 or so but she pushed through. a very proud bunnyhawkin' moment of perserverance.
- we arrived.
- went out with portlanders, partied hard, did shots, danced the night away at Blake's apartment
Day Three (not riding, but in Portland, whatever)
- realized we had gotten very little sleep in past few days and that Sat night was on the ground and Sun night was on the floor of Blake's apartment.
- walked around like zombies. Tired.
- Train ride home.
Now I've had the time of my life. And I've never felt like this before. Yes I swear, it's the truth.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
a big bike ride.
I was concerned that the gods would be angry if we did not ride in
Indeed riding in BUNnyHawk style in short shorts and official club
jrrzees through the city of Portland counts. I have consulted with the
speaking stones the gods are pleased.
They have also said "If you miss the next one, we'll break your legs. "
Nice work StPers.
Sent from my iPhone
Saturday, July 11, 2009
So 100 miles later, after a sad disapointment when we found out the
BIG DOG outlet store closed, we went to the Christian Outlet and
Brandon bought the flesh of Christ. Now we're eating. Fuck you.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
I don't Quite know how Artopia slipped My radar. Perhaps because it wasn't much of an "official" ride... But it was one hell of a party! And there were BunnyHawkS. and there was a baby who had Mimosas and is now the youngest buNnYhawk... Oh Yeah! We Had Mimosas!...and we danced on a Bus... We rule!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Who: Everybody (seriously)
What: BON JERSEY 2009
When: Saturday July 25th 3:00pm until...
Where: Our House 6230 Carleton Ave South. 98108
Why: Housewarming celebration of graduation
How: You can have whatever you like.
Check it out here.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
the 60cm frame that comprised the majority of the origional parts from
the bike that made me fall in love with bikes. (I have the same make
and model in a size that fits me now. But still...)
The point is the T700 lives again. And Burglar has a torso that
demands a lot of bike. Win win.
I found the complete bike at the dump in Portland Maine. Now it's a
Capitol hill slammer. This bike will never die. Never.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Oh dear, the cops are SO FLUSTERED!!!
Also, I'm pretty sure that is the Ghost of Michael Jackson (GMJ) around 0:33 seconds into the video. He ends up following the pack of Brooklynites towards the brick wall for a Kool-Aid Man attack on society and the tyranny of the majority.
Which is a nice segue into wishing all you BunNyhAwks a happy independence day. I know I'll be watching Will Smith/Bill Pullman movies all day to celebrate.